MIDDLESEX YANKEE CONFERENCE GIRLS LEAGUE OFFICIAL PLAYDOWN RULES
1. All teams must be USA Hockey registered.
2. All play will be governed by USA Hockey/Mass Hockey rules.
3. All players must have participated in at least 10 regular season games with her rostered team.
4. All teams participating must have signed, stamped USA Hockey rosters on file with MYCGL.
5. All team players and coaches must sign in prior to playing their first game and each subsequent game.
6. All players must have legal equipment. CHIN STRAPS and MOUTH GUARDS are required at ALL levels.
7. All teams must be ready to play 15 minutes before scheduled game. Two-minute warm-up time begins when zamboni leaves the ice. Teams must be on the ice when the Referee signals to start the game or a delay of game penalty will be assessed.
8. Teams may consist of up to 18 players and two goalkeepers.
9. Non-playing members are not allowed on the bench. Injured players wearing a HELMET may be on the bench during the game.
10. Rosters are frozen for the entire playdowns. Players are not allowed to play for more than one team. If a need for players arises, MYCGL Directors must approve players from younger teams before the start of the playdowns and the player(s) becomes part of your team for the remainder of the playdowns and cannot play on her regular team. A or I players can only play for A or I teams. A or I players from younger levels cannot play for B or II teams under any circumstances. If only one team exists in any level, the team must be in the upper most division to receive A or I players from below.
11. Head coaches and at least one (1) assistant must be USA Hockey patched, Level 3 or above, and must produce their certification card. A maximum of four (4) coaches are allowed on the bench.
12. All games will consist of three (3) periods, each being 12 minutes in length and following stop-time rules. There will be no time-outs allowed during the regular playdown games. One time-out will be allotted to each team in the Championship Games, no time-outs during playdown games.
13. MERCY RULE –Timekeepers are instructed to have no more than a five (5) goal differential at any time on the scoreboard. There will be no running time during the playdown games except in the event of excess total penalties. See Rule 16.
14. TIES - If a game is tied after regulation play, the following procedure will be used to break the tie:
A twelve (12) minute sudden death stop-time will be played with a four (4) on four (4).
After six minutes during the first overtime and at the first whistle, each coach removes one player to make it three (3) on three (3). No other player can be changed.
If still tied after the first overtime, another twelve (12) minute sudden death stop-time period will be set with three (3) on three (3).
- LINE CHANGES CAN ONLY BE MADE ON THE FLY.
- ONE TIMEOUT IS PERMITTED DURING CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES ONLY.
- THERE ARE NO SHOUTOUTS IN THE LEAGUE.
If a team incurs a penalty during the four on four, they will play with one player down for the duration of the penalty three on four. If a team incurs a penalty during the three on three, the offending player must leave the ice to be replaced by a teammate and the non-offending team may add a player, four on three, until the first whistle after the duration of the penalty. At no time during the three on three will the teams be reduced to two players due to penalties. Penalized teams may keep three players on the ice; non-penalized teams will add players for each penalty.
15. PENALTIES: ABSOLUTELY NO FIGHTING WILL BE ALLOWED OR TOLERATED ON OR OFF THE ICE. Referees are instructed to eject any player/s, coach/s or parent/s engaged in fighting. The player will receive a game misconduct.
Any player incurring four (4) penalties in one game will not be allowed to play for the remainder of that game. If a player receives a game misconduct, the player will be ejected from the game in which the infraction occurred as well as the following game if any.
Any head coach whose team receives a total of 15 or more penalties in one game will be suspended for the following game if any. If a coach receives a game misconduct penalty, he/she will be ejected from the game in which the infraction occurred as well as the following game if any.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. MYCGL reserves the right to review all cases involving major penalties, match penalties, game misconducts and gross misconducts. MYCGL reserves the right to escalate punishments of any reviewed penalty.
In the event that a misconduct penalty occurs in the player’s last game, the League Directors will notify the team’s respective league/s for further ruling.
After the accumulation of 15 total penalties in one game, clock will run nonstop.
**Any penalties remaining at the end of regulation will be carried over into the subsequent overtime period. Minor 1.5 minutes (double minors are considered two penalties) Major 4.0 minutes Misconduct: 6.0 minutes Game Misconduct Ejection and one game suspension 2nd Game Misconduct Ejection from the playoffs
16. All game officials will be in good standing with USA Hockey and the state of Massachusetts.
17. TROPHIES – Both teams will be presented with trophies immediately following the conclusion of each championship game.
18. The Rink Manager governs use of facility. Locker room keys will be obtained from the Rink Manager’s office. Any damage to the locker rooms will be duly noted and reparations will be the responsibility of the occupying team.
MYCGL DIRECTORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR ADAPT ANY PLAYDOWN RULE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.