MIDDLESEX YANKEE CONFERENCE GIRLS LEAGUE
RULES AND POLICIES
Section 1: Teams
1. All teams must be registered with Massachusetts Hockey and/or USA Hockey. An official USA Hockey roster, signed and stamped by your District Registrar, must be submitted to the Middlesex Yankee Conference Girls League by December 15 of the current season accompanied by a copy of both sides of the USA CEP card and drivers license or applicable picture/signature ID for all coaches on your roster. If the rosters/ID's are not submitted to the League by December 15, games will not be scheduled for those teams not in compliance. Supplemental rosters should be submitted immediately upon receipt from our programs. Birth certificates of all players must be made available to the MYC League upon request.
2. A roster will consist of a maximum of 18 players excluding goaltenders. Exceptions to this must be requested in writing to the MYC League for approval.
3. A minimum of six (6) players is required to be dressed for a game.
4. Player eligibility dates for team rosters will be in accordance with USA Hockey. Player must be league age as of 12/31 of the current season. U16/18 - Eighteen years or younger; U14 - Fourteen years or younger; U12 - Twelve years or younger; U10 - Ten years or younger.
5. The MYC will allow players to play for their town teams as well as independent teams. If both the town and independent teams end up in the same division or could possibly play against each other, the player must choose one team at the beginning of the season and stay on that roster for all games in which the two teams meet. Playdown games included. This only applies to town and independent teams. Players cannot play on two different town teams at any age level.
6. The divisions will be U10, U12, U14 and U16/18. A player for a team below may be used as an alternate a maximum of ten games. A or I players can only play for A or I teams. A or I players from younger levels cannot play for B or II teams under any circumstances. Players on youth teams, even though age eligible, are not allowed to play for teams in the MYC unless they are on your roster.
7. All players must have legal equipment. CHIN STRAPS are required at all levels. MOUTH GUARDS are required at all levels.
A six-minute misconduct penalty will be charged if, after a warning, players are not in compliance. One warning per bench.
8. Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches must be USA Hockey patched in accordance with the new USA Hockey Coaching Education Program and completed all age-appropriate modules. Patched coaches must record their certification number on all gamesheets along with their signature.
**9. This is a girls only league and, as such, boys (illegal players) are not allowed to play under any circumstances. Any coach who disregards this rule will be given a game misconduct and the game will be a forfeit.
1. Unless otherwise specified in the Rules and Policies of the MYCGL, the playing rules will be guided by the current USA Hockey/Massachusetts Hockey rulebooks.
2. All teams should be ready to take the ice five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start of their game and will take the ice immediately at the request of the game officials.
3. A three-minute warm-up shall be allowed at the start of the game. Teams that are not prepared to play after the conclusion of the warm-up period will be given a Delay of Game penalty.
Major: 4.0 minutes
Misconduct: 6.0 minutes
Game Misconduct: Ejection and one game suspension
18. Two (2) points are awarded for a win, one (1) point for a tie and zero (0) points for a loss in the league standings.
19. Roster questions (player eligibility, gender, etc.) will be directed to the MYCGL home office at 4 Leslie Rd., Waltham, MA 02451 accompanied by a check made out to the league for $100. At no time is a team official allowed to question referees about rosters. A bench minor will be assessed to the team if a coach questions the eligibility or gender of a player. If a coach persists after the bench minor is assessed, the penalty will escalate including ejection from the game.
Section 3: Schedules, Postponements, Cancellations and Make-ups
1. Every effort will be made by the MYCGL to issue schedules in a timely manner.
2. All requests for special scheduling must be made four weeks prior to the end of the current schedule. Any changes needed after that date are the responsibility of the team/program.
3. In case of inclement weather, unless instructed by the MYCGL that the game has been canceled, teams should call the rink. If the rink is open, the game should be played. If the two teams decide not to play, the make-up game is the responsibility of the teams/programs.
**4. Teams/Progams needing to request a change in the schedule must do so three weeks prior to the scheduled game. Every effort will be made to accommodate a game switch, but if it is not possible because other teams are unavailable, the team requesting the change must either play or make up the game.
Canceling team will have 30-days to provide a sheet of ice, two referees and one timekeeper for a makeup game at their home rink at their cost as well as pay a $100 fine. If the non-canceling team refuses a makeup date, only one more offer of makeup ice is required from the canceling team. If the second offer is refused, the game is entered as a 0-0 tie and with no makeup. If no makeup ice is offered by the canceling team by the end of the season, the game is entered as a forfeit and the canceling team will play a double game charge . If no ice is available, the league will supply ice and charge the team requesting the cancellation.
5. All make-up games must be completed before end of the season. A double charge per game will be billed for programs not completing makeup games.
6. Coaches/Team Reps will have 48 hours after the completed game to either enter game scores on the website, or email the scores to the league followed by mailing the white gamesheet. The white gamesheet is the responsibility of the winning coach/team rep. In the case of a tie, the home team's coach/team rep should mail the gamesheet. The league is considering a monetary fine if scores and/or gamesheets are missing.
Section 4: Amendments
1. The Rules and Policies of the MYCGL may be amended, repealed or revised at any time.
Revised February 2018.